CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Oh. My. Word. (or, Confessions of a Desperate Addict)

I can't believe I did this.  Well, maybe I can.  A little.  I acted on impulse.  And then, I was soo embarrassed. I almost wasn't going to post about it.  Then today, I decided that I had to.  I absolutely had to.

Two days ago, I was at my favorite drink spot, Sonic Drive-In, to get, you guessed it, a Diet Coke.  I can't help it.  I am addicted.  I love Diet Coke, especially from Sonic.  It's something about the ice...Anyway, there I was.  I had just ordered my drink at the drive thru speaker thingy, and I was pulling around to wait for my 44 ounces of fizzy bliss to be brought to me.  (Half price, by the way, because it was Happy Hour!)  I had some napkins in the cup holder, so I paused at the garbage can to throw them away.  There, in the garbage can, was a bag with the receipt attached.  Not just any receipt, but one of the receipts with a coupon at the bottom for a FREE ROUTE 44 DRINK if you complete a survey about the restaurant!  Well, let me tell you something, I LONG for those receipts.  I check each receipt diligently when we go to Sonic to see if I have been so lucky as to get one of those coupons, and if I have, I take it off, fold it neatly in fourths, and put it in a special place in the car for a future Diet Coke emergency.  And someone had the gall to THROW IT AWAY???  Are you KIDDING ME???  So, without really thinking about it, I reached in the garbage can and TOOK IT OFF THE BAG!!  Then, I pulled on up and waited for my drink to come out.  (I was paying for this one.)  As I sat there, I realized what I had done (and that there was a car behind me whose occupants likely saw the whole thing) and got a little embarrassed.  Sweetness told me that was desperate and disgusting.  A friend (who understands the sweet goodness of Sonic ice mixed with Diet Coke) said she understood completely.

Fast forward to today.  I completed the survey, got my code, and used that coupon.  When the carhop brought me my Diet Coke, guess what was on my receipt?  Yep, you got it, a FREE ROUTE 44 DRINK COUPON!!

Oh, goodness...

1 comments:

jeni

You're as bad as Selah! Trash digger. LOL

Post a Comment