CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 30, 2011

Adventures in Grilling

With Memorial Day being the official start of summer, my family decided that we absolutely must grill out this weekend!  Well, fine by me!  :)   I love family get-togethers and cookouts because of the FOOD!  I don't know how other families do things, but my family has always done a "bring your own meat and drinks and a side to share" sort of thing.  So, for the two cookouts we went to with my family this weekend, here are our two sides to share:
Grilled red potatoes...so good, when they came off the grill at the first cookout, I was worried Chad and I wouldn't get any!  I wasn't planning to take them the next day, but was told that I would have to!
Pasta salad with fresh veggies.  Oh, boy, I could eat a big ole bowl of this right now!  Actually, there were some leftovers and I did eat some of this for supper tonight...with the hamburgers that my GrillMaster hubby grilled for us here at home.  So.  Good.
We also grilled these vegetables for the first time this weekend.  Nothing fancy, just squash, zucchini, onion, and broccoli wrapped in aluminum foil and thrown on the grill while everything else is cooking.  Yummy.  If I keep thinking of things to cook on the grill (potatoes, veggies, meat...) we may need to buy a bigger grill!  Yeah, right...along with my dream of finishing/re-doing the back deck, that will go on the "Someday" list.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment