CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Around the House

Well, our anniversary is in less than one week.  We will have been married for two years.  Two years.  In some ways, it seems like a lot longer, and in others, it seems like just yesterday I was agonizing over whether I would trip on the stairs in the church with heels and that long train.  Well, I had been toying with the idea of creating a wordle for him as part of his gift...using our names and other words that have special meaning in our relationship.  But, I was afraid it was silly, or corny.  Then, I saw a former co-worker's blog over at Making Him Smile and she had done THE SAME THING, or almost the same thing.  She and her hubby created a wordle and used it to decorate their home.  I decided that, shew, at least it wasn't THAT corny.  :)  So, I went ahead and created it, then easily with some slight difficulty got it into a format that I could upload to Wal-Mart and have printed through the photo lab as a 8x10 photo.  I framed it and had every intention of saving it until next week to give him.  I am really bad at waiting.

Here is a picture of it on our wall.


I didn't show it to him when he came home.  Instead, I wanted to wait and see if he noticed it.  He had immediately noticed the change in the breakfast nook, but I thought this one would take more time.  I was right.  (I did, however, tell him I had made another change in the house, but he must find it on his own.)  To his credit, he was methodical and found it within a few minutes of starting to look in the living room.

Now, for my next project...the mantle:


I love the pictures above and they are not changing.  But, the rest is so cluttered it drives me INSANE!!  I have two sets of these great shelves from Bed, Bath and Beyond that I just need Sweetness to hang for me (because, while I can totally work a hammer and nails, I am terrified of putting a huge hole in the wall).


I'm thinking they will go great on this wall to the right of the French doors, leading to the dining room.  (The T.V. is to the left.)  That chair will be finding a new location tomorrow.  Then, those sweet collectibles and pictures can find a new place to live on the shelves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment